录入：Love my dog
1. —Excuse me. How much is the shirt?
A. Extra Large B. 50 each C. It sells well D. Altogether there are 5
2. New technologies have made ____ possible to turn out new products faster and at a lower cost.
A. that B. this C. one D. it
3. —Goodbye, John. Come back again sometime.
A. I did B. I do C. I shall D. I will
4. At school, some students are active ______ some are shy, yet they can be good friends with one another.
A. while B. although C. so D. as
5. This is not my story, nor ______ the whole story. My story plays out differently.
A. is there B. there is C. is it D. it is
6. Tom took a taxi to the airport, only _____ his plane high up in the sky.
A. finding B. to find C. being found D. to have found
7. The hotel is almost finished, but it _____ needs one or two weeks to get ready for guests.
A. only B. also C. even D. still
8. I looked up and noticed a snake ______ its way up the tree to catch its breakfast.
A. to wind B. wind C. winding D. wound
9. —Did you catch what I said?
—Sorry. I ______ a text message just now.
A. had answering B. have answered C. would answer D. was answering
10. If you happen to get lost in the wild, you’d better stay ______ you are and wait for help.
A. why B. where C. who D. what
11. They are living with their parents for the moment because their own house ____.
A. is being rebuilt B. has been rebuilt C. is rebuilt D. has rebuilt
12. Before driving into the city, you are required to get your car ____.
A. washed B. wash C. washing D. to wash
13. In our class there are 46 students, _____ half wear glasses.
A. in whom B. in them C. of whom D. of them
14. This training program can give you a lift at work, ____ increase your income by 40%.
A. as well as B. so long as C. so much as D. as soon as
15. He will come to understand your efforts sooner or later. It’s just a matter of _____.
A. luck B. value C. time D. fact
16. I make $2,000 a week, 60 surely won’t make ______ difference to me.
A. that a big B. a that big C. big a that D. that big a
17. Scientists study ____ human brains work to make computers.
A. when B. how C. that D. whether
18. We are said to be living in ____ Information Age, ____ time of new discoveries and great changes.
A. an; the B. 不填; the C. 不填; a D. the; a
19. I got close enough to hear them speaking Chinese, and I said “Ni Hao ” just as I ____ do in China.
A. must B. might C. can D. should
20. It’s surprising that your brother _____ Russian so quickly—he hasn’t lived there very long.
A. picked up B. looked up C. put up D. made up
Lightning flashed through the darkness over Sibson’s bedroom skylight（天窗）.Sibson was shaken by a clap of thunder ____21___ he knew what was happening. The storm had moved directly _____22____ his two-story wooden house. Then he heard the smoke alarm beeping.
Sibson rushed down the stairs barefoot to 23 ; he opened the door to the basement（地下室）, and flames 24 out. Sibson ran back upstairs to call 911 from his bedroom. “I felt 25 because the room had a separate outdoor stairway,” he explains.
But the phone didn’t work, and when he tried to go down the outdoor stairway, he was 26 by a wall of flames. Sibson realized he was trapped（困住）.
Sibson’s house was three k